Tangy Marinated Lentils
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 2 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1 medium purple onion, diced
- 1 rib celery, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup diced mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
Bring lentils and broth to a boil in a medium saucepan; reduce heat and simmer 25 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
Sauté onion, celery, and carrot in hot oil in
saucepan over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
Add red bell pepper and sauté 2 minutes more.
Stir in lentils and cool for 10 minutes.
Stir in cheese and remaining ingredients. Serve warm or chilled.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (814 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Texas Trash Warm Bean Dip 4.5/5 (184 Votes)
- Minestrone Soup 4.4/5 (148 Votes)
- Tuscan White Bean Salad with... 4.4/5 (128 Votes)