Starbucks Peppermint Mocha Cupcakes
These Holiday cupcake treats are a lot easier to make than you think and... they taste great!
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- Vanilla buttercream
- Red and green gel paste
- Red and green peppermint candies
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from youtube.com
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, espresso powder and salt. Whisk until combined.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
With mixer on low speed add egg and extract. Mix until smooth.
Combine milk and coffee in a small container.
Add half of the flour mixture to the butter mixture, and mix on low. While the mixer is turning, slowly add half of the milk mixture. Repeat, incorporating all the milk and flour mixtures.
Fill each cupcake liner 2/3 full with cupcake batter and bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.
Place a 1M tip inside a piping bag. Using a food-only paintbrush, swipe one line of green gel paste from the top of the tip, up the inside of the bag. Repeat with the red gel paste opposite the green, again on the inside. Fill bag with white buttercream. Pipe a standard top to the cupcake and see the red and green swirl appear!
Top with a peppermint candy, or crushed candy cane pieces and serve when ready.
These are best eaten within 2-3 days.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Spice Coffee 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- Caramelized Butternut Squash Soup 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- German Chocolate Mousse 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pie 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Scalloped Yukon Gold & Sweet... 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Cheese Straws 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Edamame & Ricotta Toasts 4/5 (7 Votes)
- Chocolate Meringue Pie 4.3/5 (18 Votes)