Bourbon Peach Cobbler
Bourbon and peaches are a match made in heaven! This cobbler is the perfect mashup of Southern flavors and goes perfectly with vanilla ice cream.
- 8 peaches, peeled and sliced, about 6 to 8 cups
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 3/4 cup sugar, plus more for dusting
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 16 tablespoons (2 sticks) cold unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup heavy cream, plus more for brushing
- 1 quart of vanilla bean ice cream
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Heat the oven to 375°F.
In a large bowl add the peaches, bourbon, 1/4-cup sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon and mix well to coat the peaches evenly.
Into a bowl sift together the flour, 1/2-cup sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut 12 tablespoons (1 1/2-sticks) butter into small pieces. Add it to the flour mixture and cut it in with a pastry blender or your hands until the mixture looks like coarse breadcrumbs. Pour in the cream and mix just until the dough comes together. Don’t overwork; the dough should be slightly sticky but manageable.
In a10-inch cast iron skillet over medium-low heat melt the remaining 4 tablespoons butter. Add the peaches and cook gently until heated through, about 5 minutes. Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls over the warm peaches. There can be gaps, the dough will puff up and spread out as it bakes. Brush the top with some heavy cream and sprinkle with some sugar and a little extra cinnamon. Bake in the oven on a tray to catch any drips. Cook for 40 to 45 minutes until the top is browned and the fruit is bubbling.
Serve warm with vanilla bean ice cream.
You'll also love
- Green Curry Fritters WITH CABBAGE... 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Soft... 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Applesauce Puffs 4.3/5 (33 Votes)
- Lemon Blueberry Layer Cake 4.5/5 (29 Votes)
- Kristen's Strawberry Icing 4.5/5 (29 Votes)
- Southern Fried Corn 4.5/5 (29 Votes)
- Ramen Cabbage Salad 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Mexican Sour Cream Rice 4.2/5 (60 Votes)