- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 cups low-fat milk, divided
- 6 tablespoons pesto
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds asparagus spears, tips cut off and reserved, spears trimmed and chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 16 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
Preheat oven to 350°F. Whisk flour and ½ cup milk in saucepan until smooth. Gradually whisk in remaining milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly and boil 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in pesto, 2 tablespoons Parmesan, salt and pepper. Reserve 1 cup white sauce.
Warm oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped asparagus (not tips) and cook, stirring often, 5 minutes, or until tender. Add garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
Coat 13 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Place layer of noodles in dish, overlapping slightly. Layer with half of cooked asparagus, ¾ cup mozzarella and half of sauce. Add another layer of pasta, remaining sauce, remaining cooked asparagus and ¾ cup of mozzarella. Top with layer of noodles, then with reserved 1 cup white sauce. Arrange reserved asparagus tips over top and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan.
Bake uncovered for 40 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.