Le Quiche With Spinach And Mushrooms
- pie crust - 1
- olive oil - 2 tbsp
- onion - 1 small or medium, finely chopped
- garlic - 3 cloves, minced
- mushrooms - 3 cups, sliced
- spinach - 2 cups, fresh
- tomatoes - 2 medium, thickly sliced
- dijon mustard - 1 1/2 tbsp
- eggs - 6, room temperature
- sour cream (crème fraiche) - 1 cup
- salt and pepper - use very generous
Adapted from comfortablefood.com
Pre-heat the oven to 175°C (350°F) degrees.
Grease a deep pie tin, or baking dish and line it with your crust.
Poke holes with a fork all around the bottom.
Line the crust with aluminum foil, and cover with pastry weights, or dried beans or rice, then pre-bake the crust in your heated oven for about 15 minutes. Remove the foil and weights, and bake uncovered for about 5 more minutes, or until starting to brown.
Remove from oven and let cool until you’re ready to fill it. While the crust is baking you can prepare the mushrooms and egg filling.
Sautee the onion in olive oil over medium heat until it starts browning, about 3 – 4 minutes.
Add the garlic and sautee for a couple minutes more.
Increase the heat to medium high, add the mushrooms and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
Stirring frequently, cook until most of the liquid is evaporated and mushrooms have halved in size, about 10 minutes.
Place in a strainer, and let drain and cool until you need them.
To make the egg filling, beat the eggs with the sour cream and salt and pepper with a whisk until completely combined, about a minute.
Spread the dijon mustard on the bottom of the pre-cooked dough.
Add the drained mushrooms and spread evenly around the bottom.
Add the fresh spinach pushing it down slightly to pack it tighter.
Pour the egg mixture over the spinach, making sure to cover it all.
Pat the tomato slices with a paper towel, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and arrange on top of the quiche, pushing down slightly to make sure the egg covers them partly.
Bake the quiche in the oven for about 30 – 40 minutes, or until puffed up and set.
You'll also love
- Brunch Egg and Sausage Soft Tacos 4.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Grapefruit Marmalade no pectin 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Lamb Meatballs with spiced tomato... 4.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Garlic and Parmesan Chicken Wings 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- Crispy and Tender Fried Chicken... 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- Tammy's Crunchy Pumpkin Cake 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- People-Pleasing Cinnamon Rolls 4.5/5 (38 Votes)
- Mediterranean Vegetable Salad 4.6/5 (30 Votes)