Orange Juice Cake #2
Fresh and citrusy orange cake is perfect for a hot summer day. The glaze makes the cake moist and flavorful.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (4 serving-size) package orange flavored gelatin
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup orange juice
- 4 eggs
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from mrfood.com
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a 10-inch Bundt or tube pan with cooking spray; set aside.
In a medium bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat all ingredients 2 minutes, or until well mixed. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool slightly, then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely. Serve, or cover until ready to serve.
Top with a glaze made of 1 cup confectioners' sugar mixed with 2 tablespoons orange juice then top with the zest of 1 orange for a special touch.
Make a Strawberry Cake:
Basically follow the above recipe with Strawberry Cake Mix and strawberry gelatin. Instead of the 1 cup of orange juice, substitute 1 tub of frozen strawberries. Thaw, saving the juice. Dice the strawberries. I add water, if needed to make 1 cup of juice, PLUS 2 T for the glaze. Add the diced strawberries to the batter and cook as directed. Make the glaze as suggested above.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (704 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Frozen Banana Bites 4.5/5 (272 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (164 Votes)