Strawberry Refrigerator Cake
- 1 Duncan Hines Supreme Strawberry Cake Mix
- Ingredients Listed on Back of Cake Box (egg, water, oil)
- 2 (10 oz) boxes of Frozen Strawberries in Syrup
- 1 cup of cold milk
- 1 (3.5 oz ) box of Vanilla Instant Pudding
- 1 (8 oz) container of Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 pint strawberries (with tops removed and strawberries cut in half), thawed
- 1/3 c chopped pecans (totally optional, but you’ll be glad you did)
- Make the boxed cake mix according to the directions on the back. I could not find the Duncan Hines Supreme Strawberry cake mix, but I could find the Pillsbury version. It worked just fine.
Bake according to direction.Once it is cool, use the handle of a wooden spoon to poke rows and rows of holes in the cake. Add the thawed strawberries with syrup into a food processor or blender.
Pulse until it is a slushy consistency.
Pour the strawberry puree mixture over the cake and spread it out evenly.
Let it soak in.
While you are letting the strawberry puree soak in, put 1 cup of cold milk and the instant vanilla pudding mix into a bowl and mix until it thickens.
The box of instant pudding says to use 2 cups of milk, but we are only going to use 1 cup.
instant vanilla pudding
Fold in the thawed Cool Whip.
Once the pudding and Cool Whip are well combined, spread it over the top of the cake.
Spread it evenly.
Take the fresh strawberry halves and place them on top of the cake frosting.
I placed the strawberries in row, do what you like best.
Chopped pecans just seemed natural for this cake.
Sprinkle them on, but this is totally optional.
add chopped pecans (optional)
Now, pop it in the fridge for 4 hours.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (487 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (287 Votes)
- Raspberry Beignets with Vanilla... 4.6/5 (187 Votes)
- Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake 4.4/5 (181 Votes)