Jerk Chicken and Slaw
Enjoy a taste of the islands! Bok choy, red cabbage and pineapple slaw provide a cool counterpoint to spicy jerk chicken. Together, they make a complete meal!
- 3 heads baby bok choy, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons jerk seasoning
- 4 small skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
Adapted from bhg.com
In a very large bowl combine bok choy, cabbage and pineapple. Combine cider vinegar and 2 teaspoons brown sugar. Drizzle over bok choy mixture; toss to coat. Set aside.
In a large, resealable plastic bag combine the remaining 2 teaspoons brown sugar, flour and jerk seasoning.
Add chicken. Shake well to coat.
Cook over medium heat on a lightly greased grill pan or 12-inch heavy skillet for 6 to 8 minutes, turning once, until no pink remains (170°F).
Remove chicken to cutting board. Slice.
Serve chicken with pineapple slaw.
You'll also love
- Tortellini Salad 4.4/5 (88 Votes)
- Classic Carrot Cake 4.6/5 (73 Votes)
- French Onion Soup 4.5/5 (86 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beer Chicken 4.5/5 (87 Votes)
- Mini Apple Pies 4.5/5 (86 Votes)
- Coconut Cream Pie Bars 4.5/5 (87 Votes)
- Cheesy Baked Dip 4.6/5 (77 Votes)
- Triple Chocolate Tres Leches Cake 4.5/5 (83 Votes)