Healthier Eggs Benedict
Healthier Eggs Benedict is a lower calorie and fat recipe that will give you all of the rich flavor you crave with fewer guilty thoughts. Made with lower calorie, prepared ingredients, this recipe is easy to make and can be prepared on any busy weekday or lazy weekend morning. Feel good about what you are eating with this recipe and pair it with a nice cup of tea or a lightly dressed side salad for a full meal.
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced calorie mayo
- 2 teaspoons skim milk
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- ground red pepper
- 4 eggs
- Pam cooking spray
- 4 slices canadian bacon
- 2 100 calorie whole wheat english muffins
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from bhg.com
For sauce, in a small saucepan combine yogurt, mayonnaise, milk, dry mustard, and ground red pepper; set aside.
Spray an 8-inch skillet with nonstick spray coating. Fill the skillet halfway with water. Bring to boiling; reduce heat so water is simmering. To poach eggs, break 1 egg into a small dish and slide egg into water. Repeat with remaining eggs. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 to 5 minutes or until eggs are just soft-cooked.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook bacon over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side. Cover; keep warm.
Cook and stir sauce over low heat just until heated through, but do not boil.
To serve, top each muffin half with 1 slice bacon, 1 egg, and one-fourth of the sauce.
Per serving: 254 kcal cal., 12 g fat 296 mg chol., 563 mg sodium, 18 g carb., 16 g pro.
You'll also love
- Mom's Stuffed Cabbage with... 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Low Carb Brownie Cream Cheese... 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Cherry Cream Cheese Candy Cane... 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Jiao Zi Chinese Dumplings 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Dreaming of a White Christmas Soup 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Cajun Slow Cooked Whole Chicken 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Chickpea & Artichoke Pâté 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Turkey & Stuffing Eggs Benedict... 4.5/5 (22 Votes)