Seared Steak Lettuce Cups
If you're looking for fresh hints of color and crunch for your next appetizer buffet, look no further than this recipe for Seared Steak Lettuce Cups. Vibrant, fresh flavors of assorted vegetables, grilled beef flank steak, and spicy Asian flavors wrapped in a crisp lettuce cup, these Seared Steak Lettuce Cups are sure to become your new favorite go-to recipe.
- 1/4 cup English hothouse or Persian cucumber, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon peeled ginger, finely grated
- 1 (8-ounce) flank steak
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 16 small crunchy inner leaves of butter lettuce
- 2 tablespoons salted roasted peanuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh mint leaves
- chili sauce to serve
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Combine 1/4 cup finely chopped English hothouse or Persian cucumber, 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions, 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, and 1 teaspoon finely grated peeled ginger in a medium bowl. Season to taste with Kosher salt and set aside.
Heat a grill pan or a lightly oiled cast-iron skillet over high heat. Season an 8-ounce flank steak with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon chili powder. Grill steak, turning once, until charred on both sides, about 8 minutes for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes.
Arrange 16 small crunchy inner leaves of butter lettuce, romaine, or endive on a large platter. Thinly slice steak against the grain, then cut slices crosswise into 1-inch pieces. Add steak to cucumber mixture and toss to mix. Season to taste with salt and more lime juice, if desired.
Divide steak salad among lettuce cups; garnish with 2 tablespoons chopped salted roasted peanuts and 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh mint leaves. Drizzle with Asian sweet chili sauce.
You'll also love
- Vodka Rigatoni 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Pumpkin Lust Cake 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Eggnog pudding shots 4.1/5 (55 Votes)
- Easy One-Pot Hamburger Stroganoff 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Jell-O Strawberry Cheesecake... 4.2/5 (34 Votes)
- 2-Ingredient Lemon Cake Bars 4.1/5 (43 Votes)
- Halloween DEVILed Eggs 4.5/5 (29 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Tater Tot Bombs 4.5/5 (30 Votes)