Lemon Cherry Cooler
Rate this recipe 0/5 (0 Votes)
- For the cherry gastric
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup chopped fresh cherries
- Combine sugar, red wine vinegar and cherries in a small sauce pot over low heat. Bring to a simmer, then cook until it reduces by two-thirds. The mixture should be thick and a little tacky. Let cool.
- For the drink
- 1 ounce fresh basil leaves (about half a bunch)
- 11/4 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice, unstrained (4-5 lemons)
- 32 ounces club soda or sparkling water
- Makes 4 servings.
Muddle together the basil and lemon juice. Add gastric to taste. (Don't be afraid to go heavy on the gastric; it is packed with flavor.). Add club soda or sparkling water.
You'll also love
- Sparkling Apple Cider Punch 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Corn and Butterbean Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Banana Brioche Bread Pudding (5... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Mascarpone Icebox Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mom's Orange Slice Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Pound Cake with Lemon... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Black Cherry Jello Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)