Cinnamon Hazelnut Biscotti
Cinnamon Hazelnut Biscotti are so easy to make and go very fast in my home.
I've made five of the biscotti recipes from this site and this is the best, especially when you spread dark chocolate on the bottoms. I must admit, though, that I am a true fan of the combination of cinnamon, hazelnuts and chocolate. Thanks for sharing your recipe Kris!
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup hazelnuts
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 190mins
Adapted from allrecipes.com
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Sift together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt; mix into the egg mixture. Stir in the hazelnuts. Shape dough into two equal logs approximately 12 inches long. Place logs on baking sheet, and flatten out to about 1/2 inch thickness.
Bake for about 30 minutes in preheated oven, or until edges are golden and the center is firm. Remove from oven to cool on the pans. When loaves are cool enough to handle, use a serrated knife to slice the loaves diagonally into 1/2 inch thick slices. Return the slices to the baking sheet.
Bake for an additional 10 minutes, turning over once. Cool completely, and store in an airtight container at room temperature.
You'll also love
- Creamy Chicken & Mushroom Skillet 4.5/5 (40 Votes)
- Homestyle Minestrone 4.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Banana Cake with Cream Cheese... 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- Lime in the Coconut Frosted... 4.5/5 (38 Votes)
- Pecan Cheesecake Squares 4.4/5 (47 Votes)
- Almond Shortbread Thumbprint... 4.5/5 (34 Votes)
- Lemon Gooey Butter Cookies 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Butter Pecan Cookies 4.6/5 (26 Votes)