Mini Shrimp Rolls
I made these for a weekend get together and everyone loved it! Added a little more diced celery and garlic salt to add some punch and crunchy texture, other than that I would not change a thing. Delicious!
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound medium shrimp, shelled, deveined
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 small celery stalk, peeled, finely chopped (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 24 mini soft dinner rolls (each about 1 1/2 x 1 1/2-inch; such as Martin's potato rolls or King's Hawaiian)
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup celery leaves or crushed potato chips
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; season lightly with salt. When water is at a gentle simmer, add shrimp. Poach until just opaque in the center, 2 to 4 minutes. Drain; transfer shrimp to a medium bowl of ice water to cool. Drain; wipe out bowl.
Whisk mayonnaise, celery, chives, oil, lemon juice, and horseradish in a medium bowl to blend; season to taste with salt and pepper. Chop shrimp into small pieces (about 1/3-inch); add to bowl with mayonnaise mixture. Stir to coat. Do ahead shrimp salad can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Using a small serrated knife, make a 1/2-inch-deep cut across the top of each dinner roll and gently pry open roll with your fingers to create a mini New England–style hot dog bun. Lightly brush inside of rolls with butter; place on a rimmed baking sheet. Toast until light golden, about 8 minutes. Let cool slightly.
Divide shrimp mixture among rolls, pressing into cut across top; garnish with celery leaves or crushed potato chips.
You'll also love
- Shiu Mai (Chinese steamed shrimp... 4.3/5 (41 Votes)
- Cointreau-Glazed Chicken Wings 4.3/5 (50 Votes)
- Cheese Ravioli with Garlic,... 4.3/5 (34 Votes)
- Valentine’s Day Grilled Cheese 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Refreshing Cucumber-Watermelon... 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Crab Stuffed Lobster Rayna 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Red Velvet Chex Party Mix 4.3/5 (30 Votes)
- Shrimp fajitas 4.5/5 (26 Votes)