- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3 cups pumpkin purée
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/3 cup finely-chopped toasted pepitas for garnish
Melt butter over medium heat in 5-quart saucepan. Whisk flour and curry powder into melted butter, stirring constantly 1 minute. Add chicken broth, vegetable broth and half-and-half and continue to whisk. Scrape bottom of pan with rubber spatula so nothing sticks.
Add pumpkin, salt, sugar and soy sauce. Mix well and bring to a simmer, simmering 1 minute until surface of soup is bubbling slightly.
Serve immediately, garnishing each bowl with a sprinkling of pepitas.
This recipe yields 8 (1-cup) servings.
Each serving: 179 calories; 702 mg sodium; 19 mg cholesterol; 11 grams fat; 16 grams carbohydrates; 7 grams protein; 1.66 grams fiber.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Zucchini Parmesan Crisps 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Zucchini Chips 4.5/5 (197 Votes)
- Zucchini & Sweet Corn Casserole 4.5/5 (191 Votes)
- Better Than Sex Pumpkin Dessert 4.5/5 (181 Votes)