Butternut Squash with Sage Orzo
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 2-pound butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 4 cups)
- 4 cups canned low-salt chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
Melt butter in a heavy large skillet over medium heat.
Add onion and sauté until tender, about 6 minutes.
Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add butternut squash and stir to coat.
Add 1/2 cup chicken broth and wine.
Simmer until squash is almost tender and liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, bring 3 1/2 cups broth to boil in heavy saucepan.
Add orzo. Boil until tender but still firm to bite, about 8 minutes.
Drain orzo if necessary.
Transfer orzo to large bowl.
Stir in butternut squash mixture, then Parmesan and sage.
Season with salt and pepper.
You'll also love
- Shrimp Fried Rice 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Ziti With Italian Sausage 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mini Spinach Lasagna Roll-Ups 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Brisket and Onions 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamy chicken and asparagus pasta... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cookie Dog Treats 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Parmesan-Pesto Tortellini 0/5 (0 Votes)