Best Damn Blueberry Muffin You'll Ever Eat
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup granulated brown sugar or white sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour 12 muffin cups.
2. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and the 1/2 cup sugar. In another blowl, combine the butter, egg and milk and blend well. Pour the wet ingredients into the flour mixture and, with a spatula, stir until just combined. Do not beat or over mix; it's okay if there are lumps in the batter. Gently fold the blueberries into the batter.
3. Spoon the batter into muffin cups, filling each cup about two thirds full. Bake for 10 minutes and remove from the oven. Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with the granulated brown or white sugar and return the muffins to the oven to bake for an additional 10 to 20 minutes, until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool for about 10 minutes in the pan before turning the muffins out.