German Potato Bake
- 4 cups cubed hot cooked potatoes
- 1/2 lb. VELVEETA Pasteurized Process Cheese Spread, cubed
- 2 tablespoons PARKAY Margarine
- 5 crisply cooked bacon slices, crumbled
- 1/4 cup green onion slices
- 3/4 cup MIRACLE WHIP Salad Dressing
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 2-oz. jar chopped pimento, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper V
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 55mins
In large saucepan, combine potatoes, 1/4 lb. process cheese spread and margarine; stir over low heat until process cheese spread is melted. Add 2 tablespoons bacon, 2 tablespoons onions, salad dressing, sour cream, pimento and pepper; mix well. Spoon into l 1/2-quart casserole. Top with remaining process cheese spread, bacon and onions. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 350°, 20 to 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Preparation time: 30 minutes Baking time: 25 minutes
Variation: Substitute 4 cup chopped red pepper for pimento.