Bacon and Tomato Potato Skins
- 6 large baking potatoes
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Several Dashes bottled hot pepper sauce
- 2/3 cup chopped Canadian-style bacon or chopped, cooked turkey bacon
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese or reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup dairy sour cream (optional)
Preparation time 45mins
Adapted from recipe.com
Scrub potatoes thoroughly and prick with a fork. Arrange on a microwave-safe plate. Micro-cook, uncovered, on 100 percent power (high) for 17 to 22 minutes or until almost tender, rearranging once. (Or, bake potatoes in a 425 degrees F. oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until tender.) Cool.
Halve each potato lengthwise. Scoop out the inside of each potato half, leaving about a 1/4-inch-thick shell. Cover and chill the leftover fluffy white part of potatoes for another use. Combine the cooking oil, chili powder, and hot pepper sauce. With a pastry brush, brush the insides of the potato halves with the oil mixture. Cut the potato halves in half lengthwise. Return to the baking sheet. Sprinkle potato quarters with bacon, tomato, and green onion. Top with cheese. To make ahead, cover and chill for up to 24 hours.
Bake in 450 degrees F. oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted and potato quarters are heated through. Serve with sour cream, if desired.
You'll also love
- Paleo Cauliflower Pizza Crust 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Pumpkin Coffee Cake with Vanilla... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Chorizo and White Bean Stew 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Bacon, Smoked Cheddar... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Gingered Sweet Potatoes 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Fennel-Crusted Pork Chops with... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Egg Salad Sandwiches with Turkey... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Pasta with Braised Broccoli and... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)