- 2/3 c halved fresh strawberries
- 1/4 c milk
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1/2 c (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/2 c all purpose flour, sifted
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/4 t kosher salt
- Strawberry Frosting
Preparation time 80mins
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Puree strawberries in food processor. Combine with milk and vanilla; set aside.
2. Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add egg and egg whites, one at a time, at medium speed.
3. Whisk flour with baking powder and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with milk mixture. Begin and end with flour mixture. Beat at low speed after each addition.
4. Spoon batter into lined muffin pans. Bake 20 minutes or until tops are dry to the touch. Remove and cool on wire racks. Top with Strawberry frosting.