Carrots with Pomegranate Glaze
Pomegranate glaze adds a tart glaze to the sweet carrots. A perfect side dish for roasted chicken or a pork roast.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pound small carrots, peeled
- 1 1/4 cups pomegranate juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 35mins
In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook carrots in oil 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add pomegranate juice, cinnamon stick, salt and pepper. Simmer 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until carrots are tender and liquid is reduced to glaze-like consistency.
Add butter; cook 1 minute longer. Remove cinnamon stick before serving.
If you'd like, you can substitute unsweetened cranberry juice for pomegranate juice.
You'll also love
- Grilled Hawaiian Pork Chops 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- HCG Diet (P3) Coconut Flour... 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Roasted Spaghetti Squash with... 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Pineapple Orange Chicken 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Sweetest Southern Sweet Potato Pie 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Carrot Cake In A Mug 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Greek Yogurt Cheesecake with... 4.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Pomegranate Israeli Couscous 4.7/5 (11 Votes)