- 1 1/2 # Beef Stew Meat, cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3-5 medium carrots, sliced
- 3 red potatoes, diced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1 can black eyed peas(optional)
- 1 can tomatoes, chopped
- 4-6 cups water
- 1 tsp. thyme, marjoram or savory
- 1 Bay leaf
- salt and pepper to taste
- ***see optional ingredients in the directions if you'd like to add these.
Brown the meat over high heat with 1-2 TB olive oil in a dutch oven. Saute onion with meat. Add carrots, potatoes, tomatoes, seasonings and water and simmer for at least 1-2 hours or until the vegetables are tender. You can add leftover veggies such as cabbage, corn, green beans, etc.
Thicken the broth with flour. Add 1/2 cup macaroni in last 1/2 hour cooking, if desired. Adjust seasonings if needed. If you are using stove top, be careful to not overcook.