Oregano Chicken Stir-Fry
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges (about 1/2 cups)
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 4 oz fresh sugar snap peas(about 1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
In medium bowl, mix flour, salt and pepper. Add chicken; toss until evenly coated.
In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat until hot. Cook chicken in oil about 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until brown on outside and no longer pink in center. Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm.
In same skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil until hot. Cook onion, bell pepper and peas in oil about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Return chicken to skillet. Stir in broth, vinegar and lemon pepper seasoning. Cook about 1 minute or until hot. Sprinkle with oregano.
Note: If you don't have cider vinegar on hand, try using red wine vinegar, white wine vinegar or even sherry vinegar.