Pulled Chicken Sandwich
- 4 cups cooked chicken (about 16 ounces), shredded*
- 5 ounces plain barbecue sauce (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 8-ounce bag "ready-to-go" coleslaw with dressing, mixed
- 24 frozen onion rings, cooked and still warm
- 6 good crusty rolls, about kaiser-size
- 3 ounces bourbon
- *The key to using a deli-roasted chicken for things like this is to make sure you shred or "pull" it while it's still warm from the store. Lose the skin, and simply pull it apart with your hands. You'll get about 16 ounces from one chicken.
1. Mix chicken, barbecue sauce, vinegar and chipotle sauce well in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Make slaw according to package directions.
3. Make onion rings and have them ready.
4. Cut a roll in half and put some of the chicken on the bottom, then top with slaw, then 4 of the rings–it’s messy but you’re gonna love it.
5. The bourbon actually has nothing to do with the recipe, other than being the perfect thing to drink with it.