Gamberetti al Arrabiata Spicy Shrimp Appetizer
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves
- 20 large shrimp (13/15 size), peeled and deveined
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup white cooking wine
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley
- 8 slices of toasted garlic ciabatta bread
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat a large saucepan on medium heat and add olive oil and garlic until lightly browned.
2. Add shrimp and cook for 2 minutes and then add lemon zest, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, paprika and white wine. Cook additional 5 minutes until shrimp is bright pink on the outside and white in the middle - don't overcook. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. To serve: Place 2 slices of the toasted ciabatta bread on the center of each of four plates. Place 5 shrimp, tail sides up, on each plate, drizzle with sauced and accent with chopped parsley.