Cheddar fondue is a perfect appetizer or snack served with bread cubes, ham, sausage or even broccoli. Give it a little sweetness by trying apple or pear pieces dipped in the melted cheese.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 11/2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Bread cubes, ham cubes, bite-size sausage and/or broccoli florets
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
In a saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour, salt if desired, pepper, mustard and Worcestershire sauce until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add the cheese; cook and stir until melted.
Transfer to a slow cooker; cover and keep warm on low. Serve with bread, ham, sausage and/or broccoli.
YIELD: 2 1/2 CUPS.
You'll also love
- Slow Cooker Pizza 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- K's Potatoes Au Gratin 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Candied Bacon Toffee 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Red Snapper & Mango Ceviche 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Cherry & Apricot Crostata with... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Deep Fried Deviled Eggs 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Hot Wings in an Air Fryer 4.4/5 (21 Votes)