Carrots, Pickled Magic Mexican Style
- 2 lbs Organic Carrot
- 2 Yellow Onions - Peeled and Sliced
- 2 Poblano Peppers - Seeded and chopped into 1/8ths
- 1 1/2 quarts water
- 2 Whole jalapeños - Head off and Chopped into 1/4's. Take some seeds out for less heat.
- 3 Sprigs Fresh Oregano - Dropped into the water and then discarded before canning.
- 6 Cloves Garlic - Whole
- 1 Cup Cider Vinegar
- 5 bay leaves
- 1 Tbs Black Peppercorns - Whole
- 1 Tbs Sea Salt
1. Peel and sliced on the diagonal (1/4 inch thick).
2. Put all the ingredients into a large pot and bring to a boil. Boil for just
one minute only.
3. Then remove from heat.
4. Let cool for 2-3 hours.
5. Heat jars at 300F for a few minutes until hot. Carefully take out jars and
leave with lids on to cool a little.
6. Put carrots and a little of all the ingredients, into each jar and place in
7. leave for 1-2 weeks to absorb all the flavors.
8. They will keep for a week after opening.
Makes 6 x 12oz Mason Jars