Chicken Quesadillas With Tomatillo Salsa
- 1 can whole tomatillos - (12 oz) drained, diced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced Anaheim pepper
- 1 serrano pepper seeded, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- 6 flour tortillas - (10" dia)
- 1 cup grated pepper Jack cheese - (4 oz)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded grilled chicken
Combine tomatillos, lime juice, Anaheim and serrano peppers, salt and cilantro in small serving bowl. Set aside.
Heat heavy 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Place tortilla in pan and sprinkle one-third of cheese and one-third of chicken evenly on top. Cover with second tortilla. When bottom tortilla is nicely browned, 2 to 2 1/2 minutes, use wide spatula to turn quesadilla. Brown other side. Place on cutting board. Repeat to cook other 2 quesadillas.
Use sharp knife or pizza cutter to cut each quesadilla into 6 wedges. Arrange wedges on warm platter and serve immediately. Pass salsa.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Each serving: 439 calories; 625 mg sodium; 79 mg cholesterol; 18 grams fat; 41 grams carbohydrates; 28 grams protein; 3.21 grams fiber.