Turkey Sausage and Spinach Lasagna
- 1.1 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 cup unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (12-ounce) package fresh spinach
- 2 (4-ounce) links hot turkey Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 6 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 1/2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 ounce shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 ounce fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 4 ingredients (through bay leaf) in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring with a whisk. Cook 8 minutes or until thick and bubbly, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in salt and pepper. Spread 1 cup milk mixture in bottom of an 11 x 7-inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons water and spinach to pan; cook 2 minutes or until spinach wilts. Drain spinach, pressing until barely moist. Increase heat to medium-high. Remove casings from sausage. Add sausage to pan; cook 4 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Remove sausage from pan. Add shallots and garlic to pan; sauté 2 minutes. Stir in remaining milk mixture, spinach, and cooked sausage. Remove pan from heat.
4. Arrange 2 noodles over milk mixture in baking dish; top with 1/2 cup ricotta and one-third spinach mixture. Repeat layers twice. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 40 minutes. Remove foil.
5. Preheat broiler to high.
6. Broil 4 minutes or until cheese is golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes.
You'll also love
- Milk-braised Pork with Tarragon 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Beef Stew With Red Wine & Carrots 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Cheesy Potato Soup With Crispy... 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Turkey Casserole 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Turkey Cheese Ball Recipe 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Pinto Bean & Andouille Sausage Stew 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Reboot - Meal - Kale-Zucchini Stir... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Sausage and Spinach Risotto 4.8/5 (4 Votes)