Camping-Out Citrus Salmon
- 4 4-ounce fresh salmon fillets
- 2 cups thinly bias-sliced carrots
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded orange peel
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh oregano (I used Emeril’s Essence instead -2 teaspoons)
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teasp salt
- 1/4 teasp black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Black pepper
- 1 medium orange, thinly sliced
In saucepan cook carrots in a small amount of boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside. Tear four pieces of heavy duty aluminum foil.
In a large bowl combine carrots, mushrooms, onions, orange peel, oregano, garlic, the ¼ teaspoon salt and the ¼ teaspoon pepper, toss gently.
Place a piece of salmon on each foil. Then divide vegetables among the four pieces of foil on top of the salmon, drizzle with 1 ½ teaspoons oil. Sprinkle each lightly with additional salt and pepper; top with orange slices. Bring together two opposite edges of foil; seal with a double fold. Fold remaining edges to enclose the fish and vegetable mixture; leave space for steam to build.
Preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place foil packet on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill for 15-20 minutes or until carrots are tender and fish flakes easily when tested a fork.