Easy Pasta e Fagioli
Quick, filling and delicious. And so easy. Uses ingredients you probably have on hand.
- 1 15.5 oz. can GOYA dark red kidney beans (or other brand), NOT drained
- 4 heaping soup spoons of your favorite marinara sauce (I used Ragu, but use whatever smooth tomato sauce you like)
- 1/2 to 3/4 can of water
- 1 t. Italian seasoning (or 1/2 t. dried basil & 1/2 t. oregano) I use McCormick Italian grinder mix
- Small pasta (small shells, ditalini, pipette, elbows, etc.) cooked
- Grated parmesan cheese (optional)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
1. Put ENTIRE can of beans in small saucepan over medium low heat. (If you don't like the liquid that the beans come in, replace with water).
2. Put additional water and sauce in pot and let heat. If you like it soupy add the whole 3/4 can of water-or more. If you like it not so soupy, add less water. More water=more soup. (If you add a lot of water add more sauce to keep it tasting "tomato-y".). Add seasoning. Low simmer about 5 minutes, stir occasionally.
3. Spoon out 10-15 beans into a bowl with some liquid from pot. Smash beans with a spoon and add everything back into pot and let heat 5 minutes more, or until you see some beans start to split. (Number of smashed beans will depend on desired consistency. Use more or less.)
4. Spoon beans and soup into bowl and add warm cooked pasta. Sprinkle with cheese if desired.
(servings are approximate)