A perfect recipe for the holidays, this Marmalade Glazed Ham is sweet with a little spice, with a hint of tropical sweetness from dark rum.
- 1/2 cup bitter orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup honey, pure maple syrup, or light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce, Aleppo pepper, or spicy Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons bourbon, Cognac, or dark rum
- 1 (12 to 14-pound) whole cured, smoked, bone-in ham
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 130mins
Adapted from bonappetit.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Whisk marmalade, honey, adobo, and bourbon in a medium bowl.
Place ham on a rack in a large roasting pan and add 2 cups water (this keeps drippings from scorching). Score fat in a crosshatch pattern, cutting about 1/2-inch deep.
Brush ham with glaze and roast, basting with pan juices every 20 minutes and tenting with foil if needed, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of ham registers 135°F, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
Let rest 10 minutes or more before carving.