Bullock's Heavenly Lemon Pie
- MERINGUE CRUST:
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Grated zest and juice of 1 large lemon
- 2 cups whipping cream whipped
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
For the Meringue Crust: Beat egg whites on high speed until soft peaks form, 3 to 4 minutes. Gradually add sugar, beating until stiff but not dry. Blend in juice.
Coat 9-inch pie pan with nonstick cooking spray. Spoon meringue mixture into pan, and with a tablespoon, push mixture up around edges to form pie shell. Bake at 200 degrees 2 hours. Cool.
For the Filling: Beat egg yolks with sugar, lemon zest and juice until light in color and slightly thickened. Cook, stirring, in top of double boiler set over, but not touching, simmering water until thickened, about 10 minutes.
Remove from heat and cool thoroughly. Fold in half of whipped cream. Turn into Meringue Crust and refrigerate at least 2 hours to set.
Fold powdered sugar into remaining whipped cream and spread over chilled pie.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
Each serving: 591 calories; 226 mg sodium; 188 mg cholesterol; 25 grams fat; 80 grams carbohydrates; 15 grams protein; 0.18 gram fiber.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken 4.5/5 (230 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (164 Votes)