Red Pepper Crab Cakes
- 1 6oz can chunk crabmeat, drained
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup dry gluten free break crumbs divided
- 1 tablespoons celery finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red pepper finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon red or green onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
Drain crabmeat. Sauté red pepper and celery in 1 tablespoon oil until soft. Set aside to cool.
In medium mixing bowl combine egg, 1/2 cup bread crumbs, pepper, celery, onion, mayonnaise, dry mustard, salt, hot pepper sauce. Gently stir in crabmeat just until combined.
With wet hands, gently shape mixture into 4 patties. Pour remaining bread crumbs in bowl and gently coat both sides of crab cake.
Cook in hot oil about 5 minutes with lid. Remove lid and cook another 3-5 minutes or until golden brown and heated through.