Paleo Cranberry Sauce
Homemade cranberry sauce is so much better than canned, and this recipe is paleo friendly! No one at your family Thanksgiving dinner will know that it's not loaded with sugar!
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Juice and zest of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from detoxinista.com
1Wash the cranberries and discard any soft ones.
In a 1½ quart sauce pot, combine the water, maple syrup, lemon juice, ginger and cinnamon over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes.
Add the cranberries, and cook for 15 minutes. The cranberries should burst and the sauce will thicken. Make sure you don't cook the cranberries any longer than 15 minutes, or pectin will start to break down and the sauce will not set as well.
Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a mold, or storage jar.
Allow to chill for at least 6 hours before serving.
As with any recipe, feel free to adjust the seasonings to your taste. Fresh orange juice and zest can also be used in place of the lemon, if you prefer.
You'll also love
- Sweet Cucumber Pickles 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Asian Style Pork Chops With Rice... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Strawberry Spelt Biscuits 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Mushroom & Swiss Burgers 4.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Herbed Quinoa & Red Rice Stuffing... 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Strawberry Italian Ice 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Easy Apple Cobbler 4.3/5 (28 Votes)
Review this recipe