This divinity recipe is such a holiday favorite!! Also known as Sea Foam Candy, it it light and "Heavenly"! It will become a favorite of your friends and family, too.
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional) or 1/2 cup cherries (optional)
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 90mins
In a 2 quart saucepan combine sugar, corn syrup, water, and salt.
Cook to hardball stage, (260°F), stirring only until sugar dissolves.
Meanwhile, as temperature of syrup reaches 250°F, beat egg white until stiff peaks form.
When syrup reaches 260°F, very gradually add the syrup to egg whites, beating at high speed with electric mixer.
Add vanilla and beat until candy holds its shape, 4 to 5 minutes.
Stir in the chopped nuts or cherries, if desired.
Quickly drop candy from a teaspoon onto waxed paper, swirling the top of each piece.
You'll also love
- Spring Rolls with Pork & Glass... 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Turkey and Cheese Panini 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Strawberry Pound Cake 3.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Mini Puffs with Goat Cheese & Herbs 4.2/5 (25 Votes)
- Almost Homemade Lemon Cake 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Apple Butter Glazed Ham 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Bark of Many Colors Christmas Candy 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Peeps Christmas Cupcakes 4.4/5 (11 Votes)