Cottage Cheese and Berry Pie
This is a great summer dessert.
- Favorite pie shell recipe
- 16 oz cottage cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), room temp
- Sea salt
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- zest and juice of 1 orange
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Fresh Berries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 50mins
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
In medium bowl, mix 1/2 cup cottage cheese, butter and pinch of salt until well combined. Add flour and beat until just combined.
In medium bowl, whisk eggs, yolks, and sugar until smooth and slightly frothy.
Stir in zests and juices, heavy cream, remaining cottage cheese.
Spoon mixture into pie shell and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until just set in the middle.
Cool to room temp and serve with fresh berries on top.