Tuscan Bean Soup
This is a delicious and quick soup. You can change up the ingredients to use what you have on hand and it's always good!
- 1/4 lb. chopped pancetta or bacon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 32 oz. box of chicken broth
- 1 15 oz. can of white beans (cannellini or great northern) drained and rinsed
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme (can use dried)
- 1/2 pkg of fresh baby spinach
- freshly grated parmesan
- Salt and pepper
Cook the pancetta in a tbsp. of olive oil until it is slightly browned. Add the onion and carrot and cook until softened. Add the garlic and continue to cook for a minute or two more. Add the box of chicken broth and the white beans and the sprigs of thyme. Cook for about 20 minutes then add the 1/2 pkg of fresh baby spinach and cook for a few minutes more or until the spinach is wilted. Add the fresh parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Ladle into bowls and top with more grated cheese.