Ceole Sausage and Rice
- One 19.76-ounce package Johnsonville Hot 'n Spicy Bratwurst
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 8 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped yellow bell pepper
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 cups cooked long-grain rice, warm
Prepare the sausage according to the package instructions, and bias-slice.
Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion, and cook until glossy, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes, and cook 5 additional minutes.
Add the red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, green bell pepper, sausage, and thyme. Cook until the peppers are tender-crisp, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve over the rice.