- 3/4 lb ground round
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves -- minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes -- undrained & chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes -- undrained & chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 cups nonfat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh Parmesan cheese -- finely grated
- 1 (15-ounce) container nonfat ricotta cheese
- 1 egg white -- lightly beaten
- 12 cooked lasagna noodles
- 2 cups (8-ounces) Italian provolone cheese -- shredded
1. Cook meat in a large saucepan over medium heat until browned, stirring to crumble; drain and set aside. Wipe pan with a paper towel.
2. Coat pan with cooking spray; add the onion and garlic, and saute 5 minutes. Return meat to pan.
3. Add 2 tablespoons parsley and next 7 ingredients; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes. Uncover; simmer 20 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. Combine remaining 2 tablespoons parsley, cottage cheese, and next 3 ingredients in a bowl; stir well, and set aside.
5. Spread 3/4 cup tomato mixture in bottom of a 13x9" baking dish coated with cooking spray.
6. Arrange 4 noodles over tomato mixture; top with half of cottage cheese mixture, 2-1/4 cups tomato mixture, and 2/3 cup provolone.
7. Repeat layers, ending with noodles. Spread the remaining tomato mixture over noodles. Cover; bake at 350°F for 1 hour.
8. Sprinkle with remaining provolone; bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with oregano, if desired.
Nutrition (per serving): 414 calories, 131 calories from fat, 15g total fat, 42mg cholesterol, 831.1mg sodium, 816.1mg potassium, 54.6g carbohydrates, 23.3g fiber, 8.9g sugar, 26.1g protein, 10.3 points.