Super Shrimp Scampi
I grill my shrimp and lay on top of the pasta and sauce. It is awesome this way. If you do it this way do not add the shrimp to the pasta; grill and lay over the pasta and sauce. I also add capers to the sauce.
- 3 Tbsp EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 anchovies
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 Cup dry white wine
- 2 stems of fresh oregano, leaves stripped and finely chopped
- A generous handful of fresh flat - leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1 lb linguine
- 2 1/2 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Cup fresh basil leaves, about 20, torn
- Salt and pepper
- Crusty bread, torn into pieces
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
Heat the EVOO over medium heat in a large skillet.
Add the anchovies, garlic and pepper flakes to the pan and cook until the anchovies melt into the oil, a couple of minutes.
Add the wine, oregano and parsley to the pan, and reduce the wine for 1 minute, then melt the butter into the sauce.
Add the stock and 2 cups water to the pan and bring to a boil.
Stir the pasta and shrimp into the pan and reduce heat. Simmer for 7-8 minutes until the pasta is al dente and the shrimp are firm.
Stir in the lemon zest and juice, and the basil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve directly from the hot pan with fresh crusty bread.