Chocolate Bottom Peanut Butter Pie
The chocolate ganache layer is a creamy and rich layer of decadent chocolate, that’s easily made in the microwave. The fluffy peanut butter mousse on top is a simple 4 ingredients – instant vanilla pudding mix, milk, peanut butter and Cool Whip.
- 1 (9-inch) pie crust (such as Pillsbury), pre baked according to package instructions
- 1 2/3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup or honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 small box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- 8 - 10 Reese's mini cups, chopped
- 2 tablespoons melted chocolate for drizzling
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 140mins
Adapted from iwashyoudry.com
Combine the chocolate chips, heavy cream, corn syrup and vanilla extract in a microwave safe bowl. Heat at 50% power for 1 minute, then stir with a whisk until the chocolate mixture is smooth and creamy. (If chocolates are not melting you can heat for an additional 15 seconds at 50% power). Pour the chocolate into the pre baked pie crust and smooth out into an even layer. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile prepare the peanut butter mousse by whisking together the instant vanilla pudding mix with 1 cup of cold milk until smooth. Heat the peanut butter in the microwave for just 10 seconds to loosen it up a bit, and then add it to the vanilla pudding. Whisk until smooth and thick. Gently fold in the thawed cool whip until fully incorporated. Pour on top of the chocolate layer.
Refrigerate for at least two hours before serving.
You'll also love
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)