Butternut Squash & Spinach Lasagna
I used to make this recipe with a cheese sauce but have adapted it now to make it healthier. This version is syn-free on Slimming World. If you want to, you can add a bit of low-fat shredded cheese or Parmesan cheese on top, but I liked it with a dollop of cottage cheese instead.
- 3 leeks, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh sage, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large butternut sqaush, peeled and cubed (or if available, you can use 1 bag of cubed butternut squash and sweet potato mixture)
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry or equivalent fresh spinach
- 500 ml nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked (or no cook required)
1) Preheat oven to 200 degrees C / 400 degrees F.
2) Add leek, sage and garlic to a nonstick skillet coated in cooking spray. Saute 5 minutes, then add squash and water. Cover and cook 20 minutes or until squash is tender. Stir in pepper and spinach.
3) Combine yogurt and 2 eggs, beaten. Add nutmeg.
4) Spread 1/2 cup yogurt sauce in the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange noodles over sauce, top with 2 cups vegetable filling. Repeat layers, ending with the noodles. Spread the remaining yogurt sauce over noodles.
5) Bake for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with small amount of low-fat cheese or Parmesan if desired and bake an additional 10 minutes or until browning and bubbly.
You'll also love
- K's Slow Cooker Chicken & Spinach... 4.3/5 (82 Votes)
- Spinach Lasagna Roll-Ups 4.6/5 (28 Votes)
- Lime Simple Syrup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Red Wine-Braised Flank Steak with... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- MIRACLE WHIP Classic Spinach Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Butternut Squash with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- The Brigantine's Spinach Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)