Orange Macadamia Cream Cheese Bread
A wonderful bread that makes a great dessert or a nice sweet morning treat.
- For syrup:
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 6 Tbs. Butter, softened
- 1 2/3 cup Granulated sugar
- 2 Eggs, room temperature
- 2 1/4 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Baking powder
- 1/2 cup Sour cream
- 1/2 cup Orange juice
- 1/2 cup Macadamia nuts, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp. grated orange peel
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 90mins
Adapted from callhimyeschef.com
1. Combine cream cheese and butter in mixer. Cream well.
2. Gradually add sugar beating until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in one container. Combine sour cream
and orange juice in another container. Add to creamed mixture alternating
between flour and sour cream mixture, ending with flour.
5. Stir in nuts and orange peel.
6. Pour batter into two greased and floured 8-1/2 x 4-1/2 x 3 inch loaf pans.
7. Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center
comes out clean. Let cool in pan 10 minutes and then remove to wire rack to finish cooling.
For Orange sauce: Place ½ cup orange juice in small saucepan and heat until it just begins to boil. Turn down heat and continue to simmer until slightly reduced. Add 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 1 tbsp. grated orange peel and boil and stir until syrupy. Let cool slightly and then serve over sliced bread.