Banana Bran Muffins
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar 3 bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup milk 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup wheat bran
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Grease a muffin pan or line with paper muffin liners.
3. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar together until fluffy. Add bananas, milk, vanilla and eggs; mix well. Stir in flour, bran, baking powder, soda and salt; blend just until moistened. Stir in walnuts. 4. Pour batter into prepared muffin cups.
5. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool in the cups for 5 minutes, then remove muffins and place on a wire rack to cool completely.