Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes
These mashed potatoes are great because you can make them ahead and save yourself some time. They're the perfect Thanksgiving side dish!
- 15 medium (5 pounds) potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 55mins
Adapted from homecooking.about.com
Spray a large casserole dish with vegetable-oil cooking spray. In a large pot of boiling water over medium-high heat, cook potatoes until tender when pierced with a fork; remove from heat and drain. Mash potatoes until there are no lumps. Add cream cheese, sour cream, onion powder, salt, pepper, and egg whites; blend well. Dot with butter or margarine. Cool slightly, cover, and refrigerate.
Preheat oven to 350˚F. Take mashed potatoes out of the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, covered, 40 minutes or until steaming hot in center. Remove from oven and serve immediately.
This can be made up to a week ahead. If preparing ahead, place in an ovenproof baking dish, allow to cool slightly, cover, and refrigerate.
You'll also love
- Cranberry Apple Raisin Crisp 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Cinnamon Apple Brunch Bake Recipe 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Low Carb Pumpkin Bagels 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Sheet Pan Pumpkin Pie 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Mustard Vinaigrette and Bacon... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Spinach Potato Pakora 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Creamy Kale, Apple Salad with... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Greek Zucchini Fritters... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)