Mushroom stuffing is just as good as the stuffing your grandma used to make. Skip the bacon to make this a vegetarian stuffing!
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) corn bread stuffing
- 1/2 cup chopped celery leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove with a slotted spoon to paper towel. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of drippings.
Saute celery and onion in drippings until tender. Add mushrooms, sage, salt and pepper; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in the stuffing, celery leaves, parsley and bacon. Combine eggs and broth. Stir into stuffing mixture.
Spread in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish (dish will be full). Dot with butter. Cover and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes and stuffing temperature reaches 165°F. Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Yield: 13 cups.
To make this vegetarian, use a vegetable broth.
You'll also love
- Bulgur Salad with Chickpeas, Feta,... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Quick Turkey Bolognese with... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Roast Turkey with Pepperoni 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Pumpkin Soup 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Seitan Stuffed with Walnuts, Dried... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Roasted Potatoes & Haddock... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- NOODLE - Chicken + Mushroom Noodle... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Shaved Melon Salad with... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)