Crispy Autumn Kale Salad
- 1 large bunch of kale, torn from stems and torn into pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh apple cider
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 small sweet potato, diced
- 1 apple, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place kale in a large bowl and massage olive oil, apple cider, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and pepper into for 1-2 minutes. Spread on a baking sheet in a single layer and roast for 10 minutes. Toss well and roast for 5-10 minutes more, until slightly crispy but not golden.
2. While kale is roasting, heat a skillet over medium heat and add oil. Add the shallot, garlic, sweet potatoes and apples to the skillet, tossing with remaining salt and cinnamon. You want the sweet potato and apple finely diced. Cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft.
3. Combine kale with apples and sweet potatoes and pomegranate seeds.