Grilled Steak Kebab Pitas with Ginger & Garlic Dressing
Add a Mediterranean twist to your steak dinner with these scrumptious kebabs. So simple to make with great flavors! Don't forget to soak your bamboo skewers for at least 20 minutes before assembling this beauties for the grill.
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil; plus more for brushing
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon green Tabasco or other jalapeño hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 small to medium clove garlic, finely grated or minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 to 3 steaks (1 1/2 to 1 3/4 pounds) 1-inch-thick boneless beef strip steaks, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 to 8 bamboo skewers (at least 8 inches long), soaked in water for at least 20 minutes
- 1 large red bell pepper, cored and cut into 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 -inch squares
- 6 to 8 pita breads, preferably pocketless
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded, preferably a crisp variety like iceberg or romaine
Adapted from finecooking.com
Heat a gas grill to medium high or prepare a medium-hot grill fire.
In a 1-cup liquid measuring cup, whisk the 1/2 cup oil with the ginger, Tabasco, vinegar, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Thread the cubes of meat onto skewers, inserting a red pepper square between the cubes. (You may not need all the skewers.) Brush the kebabs with oil and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Grill the kebabs, with the lid closed, turning every 2 minutes, 4 to 6 minutes total for medium rare. (Or to desire doneness.) Warm the pitas on the grill.
To serve, slide each kebab off its skewer into a pita. Top each with some of the lettuce. Whisk the dressing to recombine and drizzle over the meat and vegetables.