Burger 'n Fries Pot Pie
Hamburgers and french fries - a family favorite! Now in an easy to prepare casserole. Pop it in the oven while you help with homework, and dinner is ready in about 20 minutes!
- 1 1/2 pound lean ground beef, at least 80% lean
- 1 large onion, chopped, about 1 cup
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, 4 ounces
- 2 cups frozen crispy French-fried potatoes (from 20-oz bag)
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
Heat oven to 450°F. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain well. Sprinkle flour over beef mixture. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in tomatoes; heat to boiling. Remove from heat.
In ungreased 1 1/2-quart casserole, spread beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Arrange frozen potatoes evenly in single layer on top.
Bake uncovered about 20 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Be sure to drain the cooked ground beef really well. Any extra juices will make the pot pie too watery.
Serve this pot pie with ketchup, if desired.