Pasta With Ratatouille And Sausage
- 1 cup uncooked penne
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 pound Italian sausage (preferably spicy)
- 1 cup well-seasoned Ratatouille - (packed) see * Note
- 2/3 cup bottled marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese plus more
* Note: See the "This Year's Ratatouille" recipe which is included in this collection.
Cook pasta in boiling salted water according to directions until al dente.
Prick sausage with fork and brown in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, turning as necessary, about 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Cut into thin slices (remove casing if tough).
Wash out skillet. Add sliced sausage, Ratatouille and marinara sauce. Bring to simmer. When pasta is cooked, reserve 1 cup cooking liquid. Drain pasta; add to skillet along with cheese and some of reserved cooking liquid. Toss well. Taste and adjust seasoning and add more liquid if pasta seems too dry. Serve hot with additional cheese on the side.
This recipe yields 1 main-course serving; 2 first-course servings.
Each of 2 servings: 526 calories; 1,123 mg sodium; 44 mg cholesterol; 22 grams fat; 51 grams carbohydrates; 22 grams protein; 0.35 gram fiber.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (813 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Buffalo Ranch Alfredo Pasta 4.5/5 (687 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (475 Votes)
- Ratatouille Veggie Toss ala... 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Chickpea Ratatouille 4.9/5 (11 Votes)